So.... let's try to solve this mystery and work out what is different
between your Ubuntu setup and mine. I assume we are both using Ubuntu
11.04, and that we have LibreOffice 3.4.4 installed. Is this correct?

Are you using the copy of LO that is installed with Ubuntu?

Do you also have LibreOffice (downloaded from the LO website)
installed on Ubuntu?

--Jean