On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 04:56, Gabo <gabo.xandre@gmail.com> wrote:
The updated draft of Calc
chapter 1 has just been uploaded and is ready to be revised.

I have some general and specific comments.
1) On the Copyright page, you need to update the publication date,
software version, and the email address for feedback.
2) The replacement Figure 1 is of very poor quality and uses the wrong
LO icon set (must be set to Galaxy; see recent note to Peter S). In
fact, all of the replacement pix that show icons are using the wrong
set.
3) All blank paragraphs should be removed. Most of them appear to be
after new figures. Paragraphs with figures must be in OOoFigure style,
not OOoTextBody style.
4) Unsaved changes icon (status bar) has changed.
5) Please replace the little arrows in menu paths with >, making sure
that the character style for the > and the space before and after it
is OOoMenuPath.
6) One trick I use for getting rid of the OOo logo in the upper left
of pix that are otherwise okay is to open the pic in Gimp and fiddle
it there--instead of recapturing all the pix. Since many of the pix in
the earlier chapter are of a higher quality, that might improve the
result. Of course, some pix are wrong in other ways, so that trick
might not work.
7) Please set LO to use its own Save and Open dialogs. I think you've
used a Ubuntu Save dialog in Figure 16.
8) Be sure that no paragraphs are of style "Default".
9) In procedural lists, sentences should end with a period (full
stop), unless a colon is needed to introduce a nest list.
10) Sheets can be moved in another way (by dragging) in addition to
the new way that you have correctly described.

I have not checked out the file, so you can have another go at it.