On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 22:03, PeeWee <psauthor@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Jean

I have already tried what you suggested before I posted my query and I
cannot find anyway to edit fields.

Tom did suggest it could be something experimental for Impress because this
feature works in Writer.

In my opinion the edit item Fields... should be removed from Impress if it
is experimental and any instructions deleted from the Impress Guide.

It works for me with "experimental" off as well as on. The
"experimental" setting, btw, isn't just for experimental things, but I
forget the details of why it's called that.

I tested this using LO 3.4.4 on Mac OS X Lion. I doubt it's any
different on Ubuntu, but I haven't tried it.