On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 21:52, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 21:15, PeeWee <psauthor@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anybody know about editing fields in Impress?

I am updating the Impress Guide and have come across the instructions for
editing fields in the Impress Guide, but I cannot get this to work. When you
go to the Edit menu Fields.... is greyed out and cannot be used. Is this
something that has been removed from Impress?

I have checked these instructions in Writer and they work OK, but not
Impress.

The description in Chapter 2 about editing fields in master slides is
unclear. You cannot edit the automatic fields (the ones enclosed in
angle brackets) in the footer of a master slide using the method
described. However, if you insert a field of your own, either in the
footer area or in a text box that you create, then you can edit that
field.

--Jean

The description in Chapter 3 is less ambiguous only because it's not
talking about the info in the master slide footer, but both sections
need a bit of rewriting.