On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 07:03, John Smith <clicksafe@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Hi
Looking through the Introducing Writer Chapter 1
(https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications) I have a
few observations.

On page 8, Figure 9. The screenshot is wrong in as much as the Unsaved
Changes icon is wrong. The figure shows an /unmodified since last save
icon/.
Text is missing from the Insert Mode area of the Status Bar. It should have
*INSRT* or*OVER* within the box.
The illustrative icons are now missing from the text of the *Unsaved
changes* and *Digital signature* paragraphs. As a newbie and low-level user
of Writer it was useful to know what these looked like.

I would like to reiterate my suggestion from some while back about the
*Starting a new document* paragraph; i.e.

I suggest the second bullet point in /*Starting a new document */is altered
to read “From the Quickstarter, if enabled in *Tools - Options – LibreOffice
– Memory, *which is found in ...”.

The reason is that not all installations are set to load LibreOffice at
start-up, so there is no Quickstarter to use. :-)

The observations below also refer to the wiki site documents.

Thanks, John. I'll follow up on your observations and suggestions and
fix those chapters. (Many eyes help immensely in finding error and
omissions... of which there are often many, since I do most of the
writing in a rush.)