Tom wrote

In our case the copyright holder is TDF.

No, The copyright is with the respective authors.

I'd be reluctant to use AL2 for the same reason I would not use it for code.
It is a license whose only feature is to allow selfish entity to siphon the
community works without contributing back.
Beside CC is a license designed for Documentation and these kind of work.
I think that if a change is to be made, CC-BY-SA is enough.

Furthermore, unless you have plan to write a documentation tailored to the
Symphony GUI, that won't help much AOO.
Since either it will fold, or it will end-up being Apache IBM Symphony.

Anyway... I am perfectly incapable or writing good doc, so feel free to
ignore my opinion. But bringing AL2 into the mix is a good way to create
discord, at least with infra and devs.