Hello - Interested in Helping

Hello everyone,

I joined the documentation mailing list today (Monday, 28 Nov 2011) and I am
new to the world of open source.

I am an IT project manager with extensive experience across a range of
hardware platforms and software tools, and I am also a strong supporter of
open source software.

I am more than happy to offer my help with the LibreOffice initiative by
assessing the end-user friendliness of the documentation, as well as
offering to help with editing the information to ensure that it conforms
with the style requirements for LibreOffice.

I will be reviewing the notes on how to contribute to this effort, but I
also appreciate hearing from the LibreOffice community on how I can
contribute to the success of this endeavour.

Tom

Welcome, Tom!

You have probably found this already, but in case you haven't -- here
is a good place to start getting acquainted with our processes and
find out what needs doing.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#First_steps_with_the_Documentation_team

Reading through some of the recent notes on this list should give you
an idea of where we are and what needs doing on the user guides. At
this point we need most is reviewing the existing v3.3 user guide
chapters against the v3.4 program, as there are differences -- and
then revising the material as needed.

--Jean

Hello Jean,

Thanks for your email - I'll follow your recommendation and get up to speed on your processes and what needs to be done.

Looking forward to helping you and everyone else on the team!

Best regards,
Tom Mauser
thomas.mauser@yahoo.ca