Thanks, Patrick, and welcome to the team!

I'm referring to the user guide chapters as listed on this page:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#Getting_Started_Guide
Or chapters in any of the other books on that page (Writer, etc).
Those being worked on have people's names in the Checkout column. You
can set up your own wiki account.

We'll need to set up your account on Alfresco, so you can check out
chapters to work on. You'll get an email with login info when that's
done. Meanwhile, you can study the (not always up to date) docs listed
here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#First_steps_with_the_Documentation_team

Apologies to all for the somewhat scattered and often incomplete or
confusing state of our wiki. There's never enough time to keep it
organised and up to date. So do ask questions, suggest improvements,
or even edit it yourself.

--Jean

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 06:58, Patrick Carbone