On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 18:20, Jay Lozier <jslozier@gmail.com> wrote:

Sounds like it is best to stick with a Creative Commons license only for LO
with the author(s) having the rights to reassign to others as they wish. The
problem with reassignment, if I understand copyrights, is that all the
holders must agree or it not valid.

I disagree. Dennis has covered well in various notes the situation
with including the Apache license in a dual license arrangement. It is
IMO very much an advantage, not a problem, and avoids exactly the
situation you mention (of perhaps wanting to relicense in future). Of
course, it potentially means that some people (eg Alex) may choose not
to contribute to documents licensed in this way. But I suspect that
most contributors don't and won't care, and of those who do care, most
will be happy with the dual license. Indeed, I suspect that most
contributors to the docs produced by ODFAuthors and the docs being
created here at LO have never paid any attention to the licensing of
those docs.

I'll reiterate my comment in another note that if someone (you, for
example) were to write a new document from scratch and wanted to
license it only under CC-BY-SA, then they can certainly do so.