Le 27/11/2011 00:53, Jean Weber a écrit :

Hi all,

Yes, though other contributors have some rights. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details of precisely what
the rights of the other contributors are. I've always considered that all are equal shareholders,
so to speak, but technically it's more complicated.

This determination is very much dependent on the national copyright law and caselaw applicable to the authors, and whether or not the work is seen as a "collective work" (sum of parts indistinguishable from the whole) or a "collaborative work" (individually authored parts distinguishable and identifiable).

    Why can't the few of us who contribute to the Base documents
seemingly should be considered to be the holders of the Base document
copyrights agree to change the licenses under which these documents are
copyrighted? Isn't this within our rights?

You can. It is within your rights. That's why I suggested making the change.

Absolutely. I might however remind people that if they are employees, then they should also check out their national copyright laws and work employment contracts in relation to employee works (in some territories known as "works for hire") because some jurisdictions have stipulated that the copyrights in software/program documentation are by default the property of the employee's respective employer (and therefore, the employee is not free to license the work as he/she wishes).

Alex