Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I'd appreciate any guidance in these 2 points:

1) Desktop config for screen-shots.
I've already set my desktop with Adwita + Evolve as required in the Contributor's guide and advised by Jean, but I'm not totally sure if I obtained the desired result. The contrast is not good and I notice it somehow differs from the sample screen-shots in the wiki. Bellow, I attach some links to some random screen-shots I took. If anyone can have a look at them an tell if the comply with the standards, I'd appreciate it.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Ss0IpkcBLEMjljMWU3ODAtYjRmNy00YmExLWFhOWMtZGZjOGVmZGMxN2Ex

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Ss0IpkcBLEMmE5ZjFjYTMtYTQ2NS00NjY5LWI0NjAtZjgwYjJhODExMWU4

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Ss0IpkcBLENzA4NjAwN2MtZjA5NC00NTJjLTgyMTEtYzA0YzQ4ZGZkMmIy

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Ss0IpkcBLEZTk1YjM3OTAtODk0ZC00YjY4LWIxYTAtY2U5ODdhYjQyZDcy

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Ss0IpkcBLEZmJmNDUzNDMtZWVjOC00ZGExLTljNTMtOWFjZTEwODc2YjI2

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Ss0IpkcBLENjhhM2RjZDUtZGVjOS00YjhiLWI4MjAtYzY1OTIzODZlZWIx

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Ss0IpkcBLENDc2NzRkMTEtOWMxMy00MDA3LWIyYTYtYTJmNDIyZDIzOWMx

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Ss0IpkcBLEM2EyYjgzYTAtMmYxZi00NjA2LWIyMGYtYmJlZGI0NTkxYjcx

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Ss0IpkcBLENzcyMWMwYzgtNjBjZi00Yzc3LTk3YmEtOWJhYmQxMjk5NDk1

2) Getting down to work
I've been checking the wiki (http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development) for a task to get started. I think I could start with the Calc Guide, but possibly it is better if I help with the Writer Guide, which seem to be in progress at the moment.
Please let me know, which of the two is priority.

Thanks again.

Gabriel
gabo.xandre@gmail.com