I see that I should have read further in this thread before making my own reply to Tom.

Alex makes an important observation.

Much of the content on the OpenOffice.org web properties are under default terms of use that
provide broad reuse, including relicensing.  Those terms are very much comparable to what is
granted with an incoming Apache iCLA.

In addition, there is content that has its own copyright and license notices.  The ASF is very
attuned to treating such material both respectfully and appropriately with respect to conditions of
the licenses that have been offered.

Furthermore, *even* if the license is compatible for inclusion in an ALv2-licensed project, it is a
policy of the ASF to never include in its projects material that the license-granter does not want
a project to have, even if the license allows it otherwise. That's the policy for third-party works
of any origin.  Such cases have arisen.

 - Dennis