I think it's probably better to avoid contacting the BoD.  They are supposed to be representing us.
 This is NOT meant to be a top-down organisation.  It's a grass-roots up (or bottoms-up, if you
have a sherry near to hand).  We keep them informed of what we are doing.

The only reason for asking their permission is if this group feels uncomfortable with the decision
and wants to ask the wider membership.  Typically that would be if we were doing something
outrageous or if the group were clearly divided about which way to go with this.  If we were
breaking guidelines or rules of the organisation or spending their money then those might be other
reasons for asking the BoD.

That's not what we have here.  What we do have is a clearly unanimous decision taken by the people
who are best informed about the nitty-gritty and background of this issue.

We do not need to create extra work for people that may be fairly clueless about this area or who
have expressed disinterest by not joining the group.  We should just take responsibility for making
sensible decisions that don't affect the wider community at all.

I say just get on with the doing what we have already agreed on.
Just my 2cents