Hi Dan, all,

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Dan Lewis <elderdanlewis@gmail.com> wrote:
Excellent work! It took a while, but I managed to go over all of
your changes. (I also was changing the working in the OOo version of the
chapter.)
    I uploaded the chapter to the proofing folder using Upload new
version. I then tried to move the file to the Draft folder as per
instructions. I can copy to the Draft but can not move the file back to
it. (I don't understand why moving fails.) Anyway, I did the old fashion
way: copy the file to Draft and remove it from the proofing folder. I
also edited the Metadata so that the name of the file is Copy
BG3401-Introducing Base. (I also tried to change the name in the
Metadata to BG3401-Introducing Base, but it would not do that.

The way things are currently set-up on Alfresco is that English
documentation team contributors get added to the English group. That
group is currently set-up to be able to add and edit content, but not
to delete content. The idea behind this was to insure ourselves
against the (remote) possibility that someone ill-willed might decide
to zap all the content on the platform.

A small number of full system admins are supposed to help out with
content admin jobs not available to the English contributors group.

This is something that can be changed, of course. I initially set this
up on my own initiative with Jeff Potts because we (the English docs
team) was, at that time, very short (read "totally bereft") of people
actually contributing regularly to docs work.

All ideas and comments about how to organize things are very welcome.