Hi Gabriel and welcome to the team.

Alfresco (where we keep our working copies of docs) has been down for
some hours, so I can't create an account for you. But that need not
stop you from getting started. I can suggest some published LO v3.3
chapters that you can download from the wiki and check against LO v3.4
to find things that have changed, screenshots that need updating,
etc., and make some minor changes according to a list I have compiled
on this wiki page:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development

Before updating screenshots, please set up your Ubuntu desktop
according to the instructions given here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Production#Sample_screenshots
(a combination of a theme called Adwaita shipped with Ubuntu 11.10 and
a Window theme called Evolve)

Unfortunately our info for new contributors is a bit scattered, often
hard to find, and sometimes out of date. Tom's been doing some
reorganisation of the docs wiki, and I do a bit now and then, but it
needs a lot of work. You can help by identifying things that are
missing or unclear so someone can fix them. Often the "missing" items
are on another page but not referenced in places where people might
look for them. You are of course welcome to improve the pages yourself
if you find the answer to your question or can identify a better way
to organise the info; it's a wiki, so just get an account and hack
away.

And, of course, feel free to ask lots of questions!

--Jean