On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 23:45, toki <toki.kantoor@gmail.com> wrote:
Run some tests with SmashWords. For formats in which the output is of
acceptable quality, use them for the distribution.

SmashWords requires Microsoft Word .doc format as the input file. No,
thank you. Saving as a .doc file will introduce its own problems. Lulu
takes .odt (as well as .doc and other formats).

Meanwhile, I've discovered that Lulu gives the option of specifying no
DRM when creating an ePub, so when I initiate a conversion I'll choose
that. The first book was done by Lulu without input from me (I was too
busy at the time to pay any attention).

Learning all the time...