On Sun, 2011-11-20 at 11:10 +1000, Jean Weber wrote:
On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 12:01, Dan Lewis <elderdanlewis@gmail.com> wrote:
       i.) Naming convention for new documents: CCDDDBB-Name where CC
           is the book initials, DD is the LibreOffice version (33 is
           version 3.3 and 34 is version 3.4), and BB is the chapter
           number (two digits). For directions on formating the name
           of the document, see page 20 of Producing-LO-
           userguides.odt. For example, WG33-WorkingWithText.odt is
           chapter 3 of the Writer Guide for LibreOffice version 3.3.x.

At the moment we are using a different naming convention. The one you
describe is probably better, but I would amend some details in your
paragraph above, as follows:

Name: CCDDBB (third D not needed)
Example: WG3303-WorkingWithText.odt would be Chapter 3 of the Writer
Guide for LibreOffice version 3.3.x.

    I did not proofread what I had written. I meant to write
CCDDBB-Name, but I added an extra D. I also left off the 0.

Thanks for doing this.

--Jean

     I'm suggesting that our naming convention cover three types of
documents:
1. Drafts: CCDDBB-Name
2. Published chapters: AABBCC3-Name
3. Published book: AA00CC3-Name.pdf
     This identifies to what category a document in the draft folder
belongs: draft, or published. A draft would be a new document or a
revision of a published document. Once the draft has gone through the
approval steps, it is published with the corresponding naming convention
for published chapters.
     If the draft is a revision, then it would replace the earlier
published chapter. If the draft is a new chapter, it becomes a new
published chapter.
     Maybe what threw me was the Heading on page 20: "Naming convention
for published chapters." Later, the heading: "Naming convention for
published books." My mathematical mind asked: Then what is the
convention for draft chapters?
     Just a thought.

--Dan