I know how to install new templates. What I want to know is if someone
has written instructions for installing them. If not, I will do so.

The info in the current user guides describes how to install
collections of templates that have been packaged as extensions, but a
quick look at the LibreOffice templates repository shows only
individual templates, which are installed through File > Templates >
Organize >  Import Template.

I have checked out Ch3 of Getting Started and Ch10 of Writer Guide and
intend to rewrite some portions to make this more clear. The info on
importing templates is there, but not put in a clear context. (This
work will probably be relevant to the other books as well.) Our
contributors guide may need some updating, too; I'll check.