Getting Started Guide in Portuguese (pt-br)

Hello again.

I am proud to announce that the first EVER final version of the LibreOffice
"Getting Started Guide" has recently been published in Brasilian-Portuguese
(pt-br)

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/pt-br/Tradução#Guia_do_Iniciante

We are now devoted to finishing the last revisions of the Writer Guide and
soon Calc and Impress will follow.

Rogerio

PS: I see that the English GSG is has some out-dated figures and some
passages were dificult to understand. If I can get some work done on them
is there any interest on the English Team?

I have been away form the list and from Afresco for a while, so if someone
can tell me how to go about this work it would be grand :wink:

Hi :slight_smile:
Congrats!! :slight_smile: Good work :)  Could i edit the wiki page a bit and see if i can make the table look more open like on the English / 'international' page
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

I am not sure if i could manage it as there is a lot more info on the Portuguese page but i might be able to do it.  Maybe.

A lot of work has been done on the Getting Started Guide as you will find in Alfresco.  Hopefully you will find it has gone in approximately the same direction as the translations.  I guess you all tidied up some of the problems as you translated?

Congrats!! :slight_smile: Good work :slight_smile: Could i edit the wiki page a bit and see if i
can make the table look more open like on the English / 'international' page
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

Sure ... please do a copu of the page before you edit it ... we had some
problems with that in the past ... lost a lot of work. If you click on edit
you an copy paste the hole page and then rename it to a working version.
Post it here (or to me) so we can have a look.

I am not sure if i could manage it as there is a lot more info on the
Portuguese page but i might be able to do it. Maybe.

A lot of work has been done on the Getting Started Guide as you will find
in Alfresco. Hopefully you will find it has gone in approximately the same
direction as the translations. I guess you all tidied up some of the
problems as you translated?

What I am talking about is some images and text in the Getting Started

Guide posted at /Documentation/Publication if that is different from what
is in Afresco I think it needs to be updated, if not then I can start the
updating process.

Rogerio

They are the same documents, and they were produced for LO v3.3.x. The
few of us working on Docs decided to not take the time to update the
v3.3.x docs (even though we know that many of them need work), but you
are certainly welcome to do so! If you do, please use the files in the
"Published v3.3.x" folders as a source.

We are now working on creating a set of v3.4.x docs, and in the
process we are updating a lot of images and rewriting some of the
text. For these we are using the files in the "Drafts" folders as a
source; those chapters that have been done already are in the
"Proofing" folders.

As you can see, we always need all the help we can get, so please feel
free to work on whatever you prefer.

I think it's best to keep moving forwards.  The last of the 3.3.x branch has been released already
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan
So, although we still have to support the 3.3.x i don't think we really need to worry about making those guides any better than they already are imo.

Thanks :)  Good plan.  I wish i had thought of that when i started editing wiki's.  It might have prevented a lot of heart-ache.

Seems I can't access the Alfresco site any more

Please send me the site and a user/pass combo

user could be RogerioLuzCoelho

If I can get admin rights again for the pt-br folder it would be grand :slight_smile:

Rogerio

I think I did it correctly, but if not then David Nelson will have to
do his magic tricks.

--Jean

Ok need the Alfresco Adress, the login and the actual password :slight_smile:

Rogerio

Hi Rogerio,

Ok need the Alfresco Adress, the login and the actual password :slight_smile:

I see Jean fixed you up, right?

Yes thx ...

David ... what is the work and how is it being done on the new Getting
Started Guides?

Rogerio

Hi Rogerio,

David ... what is the work and how is it being done on the new Getting
Started Guides?

Sorry to get back to you so late. It's been really hectic recently.
I'll post back in some hours when some maintenance on the LibreOffice
Alfresco platform is finished.