I've now restored the missing figures to Writer Guide Chapter 3 and
uploaded it to the Proofing folder. While I was restoring the figures,
I accepted Hazel's excellent edits. I hope the file will behave itself
now. I don't know what caused the pictures to be deleted, but it must
have occurred during the upload process because my copy of the file on
my computer had all the pictures in it. I tested the file I just
uploaded and it appears to be okay, so I hope it continues to behave
itself.