AutoText: Tip, Note, Caution

I was adding these tables :tip, note, and caution to AutoText in
LO. One thing that I noticed which was also true for the OOo template:
each is preceded and followed by a Default paragraph style. I'm again
wondering why. We are using OOo TextBody for our text. Why not use it
above and below our AutoText?
     I'm wondering the same thing about the sample Table on page 13 of
the LO_3_4_chapter_template.ott
     This may be just a minor point ...

--Dan

I should probably upload the AutoText *.bau file--the file that contains those three tables. That file would then be placed in the appropriate path on one's computer so that those table entries are available without having to be produced by a user--editor, writer, etc.

I found the *.bau file the other day, before I got sidetracked by some other matters.

Gary

What about adding a AutoText for creating table? Near the end of
LO_3_4_chapter_template.ott, a suggestion is made to make an AutoText of the table.
(Page 13 Table 2. I have a .bau file (mytext.bau) that contains four
AutoText: tip, note, caution, and table. (.libreoffice/3/user/autotext)
If I knew where to upload this file, I could do it myself assuming we
are talking about a location on the wiki.

--Dan

I will have to relocate the *.bau file again. [I noticed it while disposing of many junk files/folders a few days ago.]

In the interim, why don't you take a stab at creating a *.bau file yourself? Doing so is not difficult. If my memory holds, the template exposition AutoText section that I rewrote states where the uses have to include that *.bau file on their computers--at least for a Wintel box.

Some blah, blah: When I wrote that *.bau file several months ago while redesigning a template, it was still somewhat experimental on my part. I believe it also included a generic standard LO guide table (title, heading, a couple rows and two columns, etc.), which a writer could revise using the LO table menuitems after the AutoTexted table was included in the document.

Then, I put everything OOo/LO related on a back burner--leaving my template revision incomplete, as of around 1 July. That was likely near the date that LO version 3.4.0 would not do edit changes correctly.

In the interim, Jean perused on my forum the work-in-process template and its exposition and picked up on what I had done in the incomplete template and added some of that to the current version 3.4 LO template. Because I was uncertain as to which point in my template design Jean used for the LO template revision, I had to do some investigating on my own side--in order to reach that point when I can again "finish" my template. [I was using the OOo/LO version 3.3 template as a source for my current tutorial, so I desire to locate a common point--one that fits the exposition without any leaps of uncertainty.

Gary

Well, fellow team members, what do you thing about having an
AutoText file containing the four autotext mentioned above? New team
members could download the file, place it in their libreoffice folder in
the autotext folder. It up to you.
     One more thing: we would have to agree as to where to place the
file.

--Dan