Writer Guide chapter 3 uploaded

I have edited this as far as I can, but without the images, it's difficult to judge the text. A few images are present, the rest are empty frames, which I have flagged.

I think the images are genuinely missing because I am using the same memory settings as usual and they usually work. Also, I tried chopping a copy of the file to half size (21 pages) and the images still didn't show up.

Hi Hazel,

I have edited this as far as I can, but without the images, it's difficult to judge the text. A few images are present, the rest are empty frames, which I have flagged.

I think the images are genuinely missing because I am using the same memory settings as usual and they usually work. Also, I tried chopping a copy of the file to half size (21 pages) and the images still didn't show up.

Thank you very much for this work.

You are perfectly right about the graphics: I've downloaded the
chapter and taken a look, and the ones you marked-up as problematic
really are not there. Something horrible has happened down the line,
and the file needs repairing, probably by recovering the screenshots
from an earlier version (Alfresco does version management) and
re-inserting in the current version. So this becomes a to-do...

In any case, once again, thank you for the time you've put in. :slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile:
You can open the file with an archive manager.  In Windows change the file-ending from .odt to .zip.  There should be a folder labelled "images" or "pictures" or something.  All images 'should' be in there (or not if they are missing)

I'm guessing one or both have already tried this tho.

Hi Tom,

You can open the file with an archive manager.  In Windows change the file-ending from .odt to .zip.  There should be a folder labelled "images" or "pictures" or something.  All images 'should' be in there (or not if they are missing)

Yes, I've tried this and the graphics are missing from the "Pictures"
folder... :frowning:

I've just tried that. There are 14 pictures. There should be many more.

Hi,

By the way, Alfresco has online previewing of LibreOffice documents.
If you are unsure of the reliability of your own LibreOffice
installation, go online to Alfresco, and cilck on the thumbnail beside
the document. You'll see the document opened in a preview window.
Scroll through the document. If the graphics can't be seen there then
it means they are missing from the file...

I can rescue this file, complete with images. give me a day or two.

--Jean