Impress Guide

Hello

I have made a start on Chapter 1 of the Impress Guide and have now come to
my first question.

When inserting shapes for a drawing in a slide I think that the term
"invisible" for the fill-in colour should be changed to "none". Using the
word "none" is a standard term for fill-in colours for shapes in computer
software. This is the first time I have come across "invisible" and did
throw off track a little bit.

Users will be expecting to see the term "none" when making shapes in
drawings. Also, "none" will be an easier word to translate.

This comment also applies to the Drawing Guide.

Regards

Peter Schofield

Hi :slight_smile:
+1
Sounds like you are doing a good job already.
Many thanks and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

What term is used in the software? The guides should use the same
term. If the software uses "invisible" and you think it should be
changed, you need to talk to whatever group handles the terms used on
the user interface. Design, perhaps?

--Jean

Hello Jean and Tom

The term "invisible" is used in the software and I came across it while
using Impress to help me edit the guide. I think it should be changed to the
standard "none", but do not know how to contact the software design time
with this suggestion.

There maybe other changes that I think should be carried out whilst I am
editing/updating the guide so could you point in the right direction.

Regards

Peter

Hello

Just found another "invisible". It is in Line properties. You should use
"none" when there is to be no line. I think there has been a mis-translation
into English when the software was written.

Regards

Peter

Hi :slight_smile:
Again i think contact the Design Team or post a bug-report
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

If you are going to post to the Design Team it might be better to use the Nabble interface  so that you only need to get mails from the single thread.  Errr you might need to subscribe to the whole Design List but you can choose the "nomail" option to avoid getting general emails from their list.

Is there anyone else that is already on the Design List that could handle this?  It would be good to have a 'liaison officer' with each of the lists if possible so that the person doing the work doesn't need to stop in order to deal with other lists.

I think the easiest way to deal with it is to just post a bug-report
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

Hello

A new version of Chapter 1 has been uploaded to the drafts section of the
Impress Guide on Alfresco.

After uploading I tried to submit this version for review but kept getting
the following error message "message.simple-workflow.failure".

Now to start on Chapters 2 and 3.

Regards

Peter