Thank you to everyone for your support of David's proposal for me to
be team leader. I am honoured.

However, after much thought, I am declining the invitation. I will
continue to do some things, but only intermittently, and I do not want
to accept responsibility for the things I think need to be done. What
I want to do requires enough others contributing reliably and
productively to get at least some jobs done. And we don't have enough
productive people. I've been recruiting for and promoting OOo/LO docs
for many years, and the results have not been encouraging. I don't
know what the secret is for successful volunteer recruitment and
retention, but obviously I haven't stumbled on it. I'm tired of
trying.

Some time ago I did a fairly thorough "brain dump" into the chapters
of the Contributors Guide. Even though they need updating and (in some
cases) expansion, they should be a good starting place for the group's
members, both new and veteran. I sincerely hope some people will
emerge to take over doing the necessary work, and doing it well.