On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 17:53, David Nelson <lists@traduction.biz> wrote:

Do you have plans to update the contributor docs, if those are to be
considered the primary reference? If not, I could do this when I do my
own jobs on the contributor docs in the near future.

I have plans for updates, but never get around to implementing them.
So let's say: whoever gets to it first.

I also have plans for building further on Tom's reorganisation of the
wiki, but I never get around to doing that either.

One possibility would be for the wiki pages to point to a download of
the associated section(s) of the contributor docs stored on Alfresco.
You can get a direct download link that does not require any login by
browsing to the required document via http://media.libreoffice.org.
The interface is not as pretty as the Alfresco Share interface, but
the download links are perfectly functional.

Or, if you feel that's not the best idea, you could always upload the
contributor docs to the wiki.

I was just thinking about the probable out-of-synch that may occur if
we're maintaining 2 sets of contributor info content...

What do you think?

Having the docs in only one place, with pointers from the wiki, is a
much better idea. I keep forgetting about that interface, and hadn't
quite realised it was working.