Hi Jean,

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 7:52 AM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
Earlier we had speculated on whether our custom-made "XP-Silver" theme
would work on Ubuntu 11.10. I've finally had a chance to try this and
was unsuccessful. This is quite likely user error ;-) but I don't know
enough about such things to trouble-shoot the problem.

The XP Silver theme was produced for Gnome 2 and 11.10 ships with
Gnome 3, so it won't work as is.

I have written this up here, along with a screenshot and instructions
on downloading and installing Evolve:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Production#Sample_screenshots

Do you have plans to update the contributor docs, if those are to be
considered the primary reference? If not, I could do this when I do my
own jobs on the contributor docs in the near future.

One possibility would be for the wiki pages to point to a download of
the associated section(s) of the contributor docs stored on Alfresco.
You can get a direct download link that does not require any login by
browsing to the required document via http://media.libreoffice.org.
The interface is not as pretty as the Alfresco Share interface, but
the dowload links are perfectly functional.

Or, if you feel that's not the best idea, you could always upload the
contributor docs to the wiki.

I was just thinking about the probable out-of-synch that may occur if
we're maintaining 2 sets of contributor info content...

What do you think?