Thanks, David. I'll take a look and get back to you with suggestions.
BTW, my email does not show your italics, not that it matters.

--Jean

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 23:55, David Michel <dsmichel@yahoo.com> wrote:
I worked on Chapter 5 (Calc) of the Getting Started Guide.  This is my first attempt at a
contribution to this
project, so I need help!

The file is in the Repository under the name:
0105GS34-GettingStartedWithCalc DavidMichelFirstDraft.odt

Go to:  English>Documentation>Getting Started Guide>Drafts

It is the third on the list.

The original text from the Wiki is in italics, and my comments are directly below.

Redesign Move/Copy Sheet dialog (Edit->Sheet->Move/Copy) - put in section on "working with
sheets".
I created a screen shot of the dialog.  But, where exactly should I put it?  Should more text be
written?

Add a few words on sheet tab colors (get words from Calc Guide).
Done on page 8

Add a few words on total and subtotals?
How much should be written?  These are subjects which take more than a few words.

Mention Pivot Tables (formerly DataPilot) and refer reader to Calc Guide.
Where, exactly?  I put this on page 35.

Add a few words on functions and formulas, refer reader to Calc Guide.
Again, where?  Do these go together in one section?  I put these on page 35.

Based on these changes, I updated the TOC.

Thanks for your patience,

David