On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 20:23, Peter Schofield <psauthor@gmail.com> wrote:

Before I leap in with both feet and make start on some chapters, I would like to know which
operating system to use for making screen shots if I have to insert new screen shots. I can
easily produce screen shots in Mac OS, Windows or Ubuntu as I do use all three operating systems.

The order of preference is: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows. Most important
is to use a neutral (primarily silver, grey or similar) theme with
high contrast (such as the so-called "XP-Silver" theme one of our team
put together for Ubuntu several years ago) and the Galaxy icon set.
See here for a bit more info:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Production#Sample_screenshots

Recently we had a discussion about whether the "XP-Silver" theme would
install on Ubuntu 11.10 (and how to do it). I don't recall what the
outcome was. IMO the Radiance and Adwaita themes on Ubuntu 11.10 are
okay, though not quite as good as the old "XP-Silver".

I intend to update Chapter 2, Producing LibreOffice User Guides, of
the Contributors’ Guide with this information if we get it resolved
and I ever find time. (Or someone else can update the chapter; but I
don't think I've even brought in Hazel's edits from some months ago.)