I agree that the aim is to be as comfortable to read as possible.  i think
the guides need  have a balance between being noob-friendly and being
tolerable for geeks.

A lot of computer-savvy users know the term "how-to" and "read-me" and it
would be good to introduce those terms to people that don't already know
them.  Many terms are likely to crop-up elsewhere such as forums.  As an
initial introduction and gateway into OpenSource programs such as
LibreOffice (and Firefox) 'should' prepare people by introducing such terms.
Using existing widely used guidelines seems sensible unless they are under
copyright or difficult to access or where they perpetuate inaccuracies or
kludges.

For people who don't understand English as a 1st language we would hope that
the official documentation gets translated into something they feel more
comfortable with.  MTs (Machine translators) are sometimes hilariously wrong
or inept.  Their output needs to be at least proof-read by a human being
that understands implications and nuances of the target language.

Btw you can look at the thread in Nabble to see how your post got treated.
It didn't get split up.  At least i don't think it did!