Earlier, I wrote:
Unfortunately, no style guide citation is given for the statement 'The
correct way to write it in English is "how-to",' and I've been unable
to find anything about this in a quick look through my style guides.
Another possibility is to use "how-to" as an adjective, not a noun:
for example, "a how-to guide" instead of "a how-to" or "a list of
how-to guides" instead of "a list of how-tos".

The Merriam-Webster online dictionary and dictionary.com (citing the
Collins English Dictionary) both give "how-to" as both an adjective
and a noun, and the plural as "how-tos".