On Sunday, November 6, 2011, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:
I just wanted to ask if there is an agreed view on whether to use the
term "how-to" or "howto" or "HOWTO" (all uppercase) on our LibreOffice
pages?

I believe that the convention is "HOWTO" much in the same way that we use
"FAQ" in uppercase. Is this how it is being used in documentation?

I just wanted to ask for the sake on consistency on our web pages too.

Cheers,

Marc

I prefer "how-to" as a generic term. It's not like  FAQ, which is an
acronym or initialism. I haven't researched this in style guides,, however,
so I'm not (yet) dead set on it. I don't recall if the term is in our own
style guide (which isn't fully up to date); I'll check that later.