From the few chats i have had with exclusively Apache people i think they are quite happy for
people to be in both communities.  I think the licensing of your work is different but that's
about it.  Apparently Oracle got a bit stuffy about higher ranking people in 'their' community
working here too but I think Apache are a lot more sensible.  'Our' licensing is CC by SA so that
people can modify it and distribute it as widely as they like.