On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 10:56 +0100, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
Le 27/10/11 15:09, julien2412 a écrit :

Hi Julien,

Second point : do you know if there's a doc in progress about Base for
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/ ?

There is/was a Getting Started with Base Guide in English that I started
translating into French. I am about halfway through that translation,
but stalled it when I encountered various problems with Base at the
time, i.e. before people like you, Lionel and Terry started working on
the Base bugs ;-)

I guess now would be a good time to take that up again, if I can
physically find the time to do so.

I know the German user mailing list is busy with preparing a German
translation of the English Base user guide, but they have had to
adapt/change quite a few bits because of the problems they encountered
when using Base and when following the initial English getting started
guide. I believe that Robert Grosskopf (regular Base user, bug reporter
- at least on the German mailing lists) is heading up that translation
effort, the aim, I think, is to post it to ODFAuthors once it is
finished. AFAIK, the database example that they will provide with their
Guide is completely different to the one proposed in the current English
guide.

Alex

     There is a link to Getting Started with Base for LibreOffice on the
page you mentioned. It is based on the the Getting Started with Base
written for OOo written by yours truly with the help of a few others
that were greatly appreciated.
     I would like to see some people working on a Base Guide for
LibreOffice. I would even like to collaborate with anyone willing to do
this (if I'm allowed to do this since I am presently working on a Base
Guide for Apache Open Office). Base is not as hard to learn as most
people think. It does help to have a background in algebra for formulas
used in a query. What would be great for someone who knows something
about the algebra of sets. This only has to be something fairly
elementary (e.g.: intersections, unions, cross products).

Dan