Alfresco

Hello all,

I've read the documentation wiki page, but I'm not sure how to proceed
with Alfresco. Some help?

Is Alfresco the place where projects that need working on are stored and
made available for editing, etc.?

Thanks!

Yes, working copies are stored on Alfresco. You'll need an account,
but you can't get one yourself as you can with the wiki; David Nelson
will need to set it up for you. It's the middle of the night for him
right now.

You can, however, get copies of chapters to work on from the wiki
while you're waiting for your Alfresco logon to be set up. Check this
page, https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development
for the status of work on updating chapters from v3.3.x to v3.4.x and
what needs to be done. (Don't upload any work to the wiki; you can put
it into Alfresco when you get your logon, or send it OFFLIST to
someone with a working logon who can upload it for you.) The filename
will need to be changed from v3.3.x to v3.4.x, but that's easily
fixed.

--Jean

Hi David,

I've created your Alfresco account and mailed you the credentials.

I'm very taken up with stuff for the next 10 days, but will be
updating the Alfresco coverage of the team contributor guide as soon
as finished.

Meanwhile, please do post here on the list with any questions you
have, and I'll respond quickly. If you manage to upload docs (it's
actually quite easy) then great, But if you have problems with that,
feel free to mail any stuff to me directly and I'll do the honors for
you.

Thanks for joining the team. :slight_smile: