On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 02:17, Gary Schnabl <gSchnabl@swdetroit.com> wrote:
Would I be correct in assuming that the factory-default template is actually
now embedded within the software--sans any file--for version 3.4.x? I
noticed that the former version 3.3.x command no longer exists (according to
my way of thinking...) for reverting to the factory-default template--the LO
analog of the normal.docm file in MS Word 2007 or later, which is now built
into LO, no?

As far as I know, the "factory set default" has always been embedded
within the software (OpenOffice.org and now LibreOffice). It was never
a separate file that users could access.

Be that as it may, the Reset Default Template – Text Document command
*does* exist, as I described in the first paragraph of my note that
started this thread, copied below:

... that command does exist
as it always has, but it does not appear until and unless some other
template (of the user's choice) has been previously set as the default
(over-riding the default shipped with LO).