Hi Jean,

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
Alas, the installation and activation instructions appear to not be
applicable to Ubuntu 11.10, which doesn't have the range of choices in
System > Preferences > Appearance that earlier versions did. I don't
know yet whether the function is hidden somewhere else, or if one
needs to install the Gnome Tweak Tool, or what one can do. I only
discovered this today and haven't seriously started researching the
matter.

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/10/things-to-tweak-after-installing-ubuntu.html

http://www.techdrivein.com/2011/09/top-10-gnome-shell-themes.html

The above two links are fun to explore. The first one explains, among
other things, how to install at "Advanced Settings" for themes. But
I'm fairly sure that it will not work with the XP Silver theme, which
is for Gnome 2.

Ubuntu now has Gnome 3 available. Personally, I found that Gnome 3 was
more fun than Unity.

BTW, XP Silver is also available on the LibreOffice Alfresco platform
at English > Documentation > Resources

HTH.