First edit since February: Working with Templates (Writer Guide Chapter 10 source)

OK, I uploaded the file for the first editing session (mod_0) for Writer Guide, Chapter 10, Working with Templates on my forum site, and it is available for anybody who might want to work with it and edit it further. Because she asked to see the file, Jean might choose to enter her own input--in addition to viewing (or reviewing) it. If she does, then she can import the version 3.4.x chapter template into it because the edited file still uses the version 3.3 template. Otherwise, I would have to do it myself afterward...

The next editing session will bear a filename with the mod_1 suffix, so it is OK to label any attached files with that suffix already in the filename. It does not matter to me if anybody other than Jean would play with the file--and offering their inputs, etc. I can easily straighten things out on my end in the event of any multiple files being returned. Also anybody can accept or reject the edit-tracking changes and enter their opinions, suggestions, or whatever via inserting their marginal comments or via the comments that are part of the edit-tracking Accept or Reject dialog box.

Any further editing files can either be e-mailed to me as an attachment--but NOT as an attachment to this mailing list... Or, it can be uploaded directly onto the forum site as an attachment included within a simple response to the copyediting tutorial on the forum, assuming that would work OK. Or both. If anybody does use the forum site to upload anything, that person would have to first register as a member.

The URL for the copyediting tutorial that itself contains URLs for the original and edited files is: http://technicaleditor.livernoisyard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=58&p=48#p48

The URL for the edited file itself is: http://livernoisyard.com/TechnicalEditor/files/Writer_guide/LibreOffice_subdocument_files/LibO/Writer/0210WG34-WorkingWithTemplates_mod_0.odt

There were a few items left undone in the first editing session. However, hopefully all of the substantive errors in the original source file were caught.

Gary

<http://technicaleditor.livernoisyard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=58&p=48#p48>

Thanks, Gary. -- Jean

Hi :slight_smile: