Hi Jean, Tom and David

Hi

Sorry I have been unable to do any work on the documentation for a while. Life overtook me for a while. However I should have some spare time from now on. I will read through the emails from the list to see what I missed.

I was trying to reproduce the screenshots for draw, but was unable to get a drawing that looked anything like them. If this is not finished I will try to do this first.

Regards

John Cleland

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome back John :slight_smile: It might be easier to catch-up using Nabble
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Documentation-f1645240.html

Welcome back! Some examples in the Draw Guide still show
OpenOffice.org in the example, but we published the chapters anyway.
If you want to struggle with them some more, please use the files in
the Drafts folder for the Draw Guide.

There are some other Draw screenshots that need improvement for better
visibility and printing: the lines are too thin or the handles are too
small or some other part of the image is too pale, or whatever. In
some cases the lines, for example, may need to be artificially
thickened for illustrative purposes. IMO fixing these substandard
images would greatly improve the book.

Of course there are many other things to do (in all the books) in
addition to screenshots. But if you particularly like doing them, the
Impress Guide would benefit from many replacement pictures, because
some visual elements have changed from v3.3.x to v3.4.x. Again, use
the files in the Drafts folder (for the Impress Guide).

Please see http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#Getting_Started_Guide
for more info on what I have identified as needing to be done
regarding v3.4.x changes. However, in that list I did not identify
those pictures that I think need to be replaced.

--Jean

Hi Jean

Ok will carry on with Draw Guide. Will download the files from drafts in case the copies I have have changed.

Regards

John

Hi Tom

Thanks for that. Nabble makes life easier when reading through email.

Regards

John

Hi :slight_smile:
Glad it helped :slight_smile: