On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 11:39:12 +0100 (BST)
Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi :)
Ahh, That page ;) lol

I thought it was good and had been editied recently.  I think that
one might be best split into a few short sub-pages such as Debian
Ubuntu & other Debian family distros
Mageia / Mandriva and family
Redhat family distros
openSUSE distros
Slackware
Arch
Many of those are probably about the same anyway.

On the main page something generic such as "As Root User do ... " and
then later a "Now as normal user ... ".  I think the only differences
between the distros is the file ending (either rpm or deb ie requires
yum or dpkg or apt-get) and whether the distro has the "sudo" command
by default to avoid needing to use "su" or logging in as Root.  Hmm,
that does suddenly look complicated but it's really not as bad as i
made it sound i'm sure!

Slackware actually repackages the RPMs with a script from
Slackbuilds.org.