Just my opinion, not a rule or anything  - and i'm not at all certain this is the best route but
would it be best practice to just give links to "official" documentation provided by whoever
maintains those projects or/and give advice on how to get help directly from the command-line, eg

dpkg --help

or

dpkg -h

and how to access the "man"(ual).  That might help us avoid falling behind if there are substantial
changes.  It would help if whatever documentation we link to is editable (like our wiki-pages
rather than a blog) so that we could help there update there documentation a bit if something
extreme happened.  Perhaps give links to the "community documentation" provided by a couple of the
major distros?

I think it does make sense to cover the basics and perhaps any likely problems that might typically
happen with LO (if there are any) but avoid getting too deeply into documenting it?