Hi,

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been hoping to hear from David Nelson, who may know more than I
about the state of the docs about installing on Linux. Here is a wiki
page, which may or may not be the one currently under development:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_LibreOffice_on_Linux
I also have a copy of this in ODT; I'm not sure if both are in sync,
but I believe so. I don't see it on the wiki (though it may be there
and I can't find it), so I will send a copy directly to your gmail
address if you like.

The last person who did work on the Linux installation guide was Nino
Nokak, to the best of my knowledge. It has evolved considerably since
the first draft I did.

It was originally written to cover installation on a variety of
popular Linux distribs, but became somewhat unwieldy.

Since that time, I have seen a few LibO installation guides for
particular Linux distribs, and they were actually much easier to read
since they were tackling a smaller scope of one distrib.

I have it on my not-so-small to-do list to review Nino's edits, but
this is not likely to happen any time very soon...