Well sometimes the best thing you can get out of a project is yourself.  It
sounds like they are where we were many months ago.  Hopefully the arguments
there are due to passion for the project and/or the wider Apache Foundation and
will soon settle down [crosses fingers behind back]

Their loss is our gain even if it's not a 1:1 basis.  A styles&templates book
would be fantastic and would help both projects.