On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 21:47, Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Hi :)
I thought ODFauthors were trying to organise collaboration between OOo and LO
documentation? I don't think this should be 1 person's responsibility to
organise.  I think there are a few people here from ODFauthors now?

Since LO is developing faster and has more functionality it might make sense to
work on the guides for LO and then rebrand for OOo?  I thought that one of the
low priorities for this team was to reduce things such as "LibreOffice Writer"
to "Writer" if that would make it easier.  Ok, bad example because a simple
find&replace would solve all of those quite quickly.

We (whether ODFAuthors or LO Docs) only work on user guides (or have,
to this point). That's only part of what's needed, as we were
discussing earlier re power users etc.

This page has some detail on what I mean. Some of it was also on the
ODFAuthors list.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=27826116

It's also not clear at this point what status ("official" or
"unofficial/community") the user guides produced by ODFAuthors will
have in the AOOo project, due to licensing issues. Long story; please
don't ask me for details.

I wasn't suggesting that this was my (or any other one person's)
responsibility, just pointing out that if it's going to happen, others
will need to do most/all of it.