On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 19:05, Martin Fox <info@mjfox.ch> wrote:
But my point is, we have all this really good _basic_ information contained
in the Guides.

What about the power users? Who addresses their needs? Do we
need some sort of cookbook of ideas/FAQs or whatever in a Wiki format?
Harvested from user forums etc? I remember some years ago we had or were
looking at a system of harvesting ideas - I think Jonathan was across it
IIRC?? The sheer number of posts and checking if proposed solutions are
still applicable would be horrendous to perform manually I suppose. This
does not attempt to propose a solution, just stimulate some ideas.

I have been saying for years that we need *something* for power users.
What that something should be, and how best to provide it, I don't
know. The main problem we've had is a lack of people with both the
knowledge and the time to produce or collect material. David is
planning to work on some of this, and I keep intending to do some work
on topics of particular interest to me, but I keep getting
side-tracked and never getting around to it.

Jonathon Coombes had/has a website that was harvesting questions and
answers, but the last time I looked it had filled up with spam.

There has been some talk on the ApacheOOo list about using
stackoverflow. There are a lot of questions and answers there about
OOo, mainly from programmers/macro writers/other power users, which
are probably relevant to LO too.

I would like to see more collaboration between AOOo and LO on user
support (in whatever forms), but I lack the time or energy to work
towards that goal myself.