On the 3.4 New Features and Fixes page,
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/3-4-new-features-and-fixes/

are two items that I can't figure out where to find in the program:

* Separate borders width and style for Writer, Calc and Impress

* Added new 3D border types to increase compatibility with loads of file
formats

Borders on what? Where? Paragraphs, tables, lines, other? I've looked on
the Borders pages for all of those and don't see anything that looks
different from before or fitting these descriptions.