Another good catch for the documentation team.  Welcome in!  There have been
several other excellent people also just joined in the last day or so.  Welcome
in everyone!

The wiki pages need a bit of re-organising but hopefully you might find some
guides on how to get started from the page
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
Sorting the wiki is a fairly low priority and will probably be a big hassle.

There is a wish-list of things that are more urgent (somewhere) but what you
work on is your choice.  I would love to see more work on Base but it's a very
quirky package and almost impossible to write for.  A couple of devs are
struggling to work on it but there is a lot to do.  Same goes for it's
documentation.

Feel free to ask questions in the mailing list.  Someone was asking about how to
edit the main pages, such as

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/
but i have no idea.  I thought the Website Mailing List looked after those pages
but i could easily be wrong.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)