Requesting a user account for Alfresco platform

Hi Libreoffice documentation team!

I am a new volunteer, a technical writer, willing to contribute to Libreoffice documentation. I have done my M.A.Public Administration, completed a certificate course in Technical Communication, and have worked for a software company as a Technical writer.

I would like an account to be created for me, so that I can login to the Alfresco site.

Looking forward to hear from you

Thanks & regards,
Lavanya

Hi Lavanya,
One of us can do that for you, but you also need to subscribe to this
list by sending an email to
documentation+subscribe@global.libreoffice.org

Your note above was in the moderation queue, along with other messages
from people who are not yet subscribed to this list. Until you
subscribe, you won't see any replies and any other messages you send
will go to moderation, slowing things down.

I am Danishka, TDF marketing & l10n contributor and a foundation member.
I am planning to translate the existing Libo documentation to Sinhala.
Main idea is to get a Libo book in Sinhala.

Fist of all, need to check the workload and the process.
I am expecting to do this with the help of community support, such as
school ICT teachers.

Appreciate if you could create an account for me.

Danishka

Hi Lananya,

Hi Libreoffice documentation team!

I am a new volunteer, a technical writer,  willing to contribute to Libreoffice documentation. I have done my M.A.Public Administration, completed a certificate course in Technical Communication, and have worked for a software company as a Technical writer.

I would like an account to be created for me, so that I can login to the Alfresco site.

Looking forward to hear from you

Thanks & regards,
Lavanya

Done. Mailed you the credentials.

I am Danishka, TDF marketing & l10n contributor and a foundation member.
I am planning to translate the existing Libo documentation to Sinhala.
Main idea is to get a Libo book in Sinhala.

Fist of all, need to check the workload and the process.
I am expecting to do this with the help of community support,  such as
school ICT teachers.

Appreciate if you could create an account for me.

Danishka

Done. Mailed your credentials. :wink:

Hi David,

Hi,

> Hi,
>
> I am Danishka, TDF marketing & l10n contributor and a foundation member.
> I am planning to translate the existing Libo documentation to Sinhala.
> Main idea is to get a Libo book in Sinhala.
>
> Fist of all, need to check the workload and the process.
> I am expecting to do this with the help of community support, such as
> school ICT teachers.
>
> Appreciate if you could create an account for me.
>
> Danishka

Done. Mailed your credentials. :wink:

Appreciate your quick response.

Hi :slight_smile:
I guess you were the person that set some things up for Sinhala?

There seem to be a wiki page ready & waiting
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/SI/Main_Page/

Also a proper LibreOffice one
http://si.libreoffice.org/
To start with you probably only need a couple of pages like this one
http://cs.libreoffice.org/
The Websites & maybe Design Mailing Lists might be able to help you start
adding content.

Some 'local' mailing lists
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Local_Mailing_Lists#Sinhala

There seems to be some general guidance which you probably already know
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Mergingl10n
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Template:Menu.Localization
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TipsTricksl10n
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Translation_for_3.4
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Multilingual_Wiki

A check-list that might be a useful tool to help you keep track of the work you
do/organise
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_support_of_LibreOffice

A lot of stuff would seem perfect as a school project if they have easy access
to the internet. Learning English (or another language) might be easier if
there was a purpose and something tangible at the end. Bureaucracy and
infrastructure might make it difficult to split the work out to students in a
reasonable way but the teachers might have some ingenious ideas.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Tom,

Yes, its me. :slight_smile:

Thanks

HI :slight_smile:
Welcome in :slight_smile: It seems that you are driving a number of projects that would be
a huge boost to LibreOffice. LibreOffice on a schools syllabus would be
fantastic and the other things you are doing sound like huge projects too. With
even the slightest luck they seem likely to help a lot of people.

Good luck and regards from

Another good catch for the documentation team. Welcome in! There have been
several other excellent people also just joined in the last day or so. Welcome
in everyone!

The wiki pages need a bit of re-organising but hopefully you might find some
guides on how to get started from the page
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
Sorting the wiki is a fairly low priority and will probably be a big hassle.

There is a wish-list of things that are more urgent (somewhere) but what you
work on is your choice. I would love to see more work on Base but it's a very
quirky package and almost impossible to write for. A couple of devs are
struggling to work on it but there is a lot to do. Same goes for it's
documentation.

Feel free to ask questions in the mailing list. Someone was asking about how to
edit the main pages, such as

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/
but i have no idea. I thought the Website Mailing List looked after those pages
but i could easily be wrong.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :slight_smile: