On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 13:54 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
I thought the GS Guide was going to keep a chapter on Macros but a separate book
was going to appear later to expand on that.  Just like Writer and the apps have
their own books but also have a chapter in the GS Guide?  I think there already
is an excellent guide written by Andrew and i would like us to link to it while
making it clear that it is a third party book rather than one produced by the
docs team here.

Yes, a link to Andrew's book should definitely be added. It was in the
OOo GS book (in Chapter 1, where other sources of info are listed under
"How to Get Help"), but apparently it was removed at some point from the
LibO GS chapter before publication.

As for whether to retain the Macros chapter in GS, most people who spoke
up said they wanted it kept there, so I guess we're keeping it.

I still haven't looked at the re-organising that Jean has suggested but i
suspect that the re-organising would be a good thing to do.  There are probably
tiny inconsequential issues that i might end-up arguing about until i look at
those issues in-depth.  What do other people think of the propsed changes?  Is
there an easy link to a list of  proposals?

I thought I had put it on the LibO wiki, but I can't find it. I'll add
it to the wiki when I have time, but meanwhile you can read the OOo
version here (I had made the same proposal to both groups):
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Proposal_Revise_Getting_Started