I thought the GS Guide was going to keep a chapter on Macros but a separate book
was going to appear later to expand on that.  Just like Writer and the apps have
their own books but also have a chapter in the GS Guide?  I think there already
is an excellent guide written by Andrew and i would like us to link to it while
making it clear that it is a third party book rather than one produced by the
docs team here.

I still haven't looked at the re-organising that Jean has suggested but i
suspect that the re-organising would be a good thing to do.  There are probably
tiny inconsequential issues that i might end-up arguing about until i look at
those issues in-depth.  What do other people think of the propsed changes?  Is
there an easy link to a list of  proposals?