Updating the "Installing_LibreOffice_on_Linux" wiki page

I was trying to update this page:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_LibreOffice_on_Linux#Installation_of_LibreOffice_3.x_Linux_systems

in order to have a more generic one.

So what I've done:

1) withdrawing references to betas release, I think everybody agrees
2) replacing "3.3" by "3.x", are you ok or do you think it would be worth to create a separated "3.4" page? Keep in mind that there's no difference in the process
3) introducing references to others distros like Mageia, CentOS
4) Desktop-installation: I have changed to explain how to select the best one (no need to install 4 of them)
5) Summary: changed to /* Installation of LibreOffice 3.x Linux systems */

Feel free to correct me if needed.

Regards.

Hi :slight_smile:
I like it :slight_smile: At the top of the page i have been editing a lot is a line like
this at the top

{{TopMenu}} {{Menu}} {{Menu.Documentation}} {{OrigLang|}}

It might be nice to put a small section about being able to install LibreOffice
using the normal package manager or adding the PPA for *buntus. I'm not sure
how to do that in a generic way.

I think the 3.x is smart :slight_smile: I like the idea of mentioning Mageia as they were
about the 2nd distro to include LibreOffice by default and they were about the
first to support us with a press release.

I think full desktop integration for Gnome or Gtk requires installing an
additional package.

libreoffice-gnome
libreoffice-gtk
Gnome needs both as the gtk is a dependency of it. Xfce probably only needs the
gtk one. LxDE probably the same as Xfce? I'm not sure if KDE even has one or
needs one or not?

These are not really corrections as i think the page really looks great as it is
now you have done all that. I was just wondering about a few additions.

I like it :slight_smile: At the top of the page i have been editing a lot is a line like
this at the top

{{TopMenu}} {{Menu}} {{Menu.Documentation}} {{OrigLang|}}

Nice! :slight_smile:

I think the 3.x is smart :slight_smile:

ok. Should also apply to 3.5 afaik

I like the idea of mentioning Mageia as they were
about the 2nd distro to include LibreOffice by default and they were about the
first to support us with a press release.

Yes, I think so. :slight_smile: This sentance should please some people I know in Mageia team. :wink:

I think full desktop integration for Gnome or Gtk requires installing an
additional package.

libreoffice-gnome
libreoffice-gtk
Gnome needs both as the gtk is a dependency of it. Xfce probably only needs the
gtk one. LxDE probably the same as Xfce? I'm not sure if KDE even has one or
needs one or not?

I guess you're talking about *buntus packages (in PPA): yes, for KDE there is a libreoffice-kde .

These are not really corrections as i think the page really looks great as it is
now you have done all that. I was just wondering about a few additions.

Thanks for all.

Hi :slight_smile:
At the top of the page i don't know which of the 4 things does what. I can
guess at a couple of them but it's worth testing imo.

I thought the desktop integration packages (libreoffice-gnome, etc) had to be
installed separately on any distro, not just *buntu? I could easily be wrong as
i haven't done any distro-hopping with LO (except where it's included already by
default)